The Turkish government cancels the principle of reciprocity relating to the purchase of the real estate in Turkey according to Article 35 of Law 2644 and Law 6302, which concerns the real estate aspect of all nationalities except for the Syrian nationality, until the present time (Syrians own real estate in Turkey only by establishing a company). This project (Sea View Apartments near Viaport Marina) is the only project that Syrians can own so far.
Ways of Syrians Own Real Estate in Turkey
- Real estate ownership by establishing a company.
- Owning the property in the name of a Turkish citizen with a mortgage sign.
- After obtaining Turkish citizenship, Syrians can own real estate in Turkey.
Obtaining Turkish Citizenship in Exceptional Condition
Many Syrians were able to obtain Turkish citizenship in the recent period exceptionally, which raises many questions by those wishing to obtain Turkish citizenship, and among the most prominent of these questions are the qualifications that must be provided by the person who wants to obtain Turkish citizenship in an exceptional way, and cases of granting Turkish citizenship can clarify. That’s why Syrians own real estate in Turkey Exceptionally as follows:
- As it stipulates in Article Two, Article 1 of the previously mentioned law, that the Turkish Ministry of Interior has the right to propose granting some foreigners Turkish citizenship, and the responsible government must give final approval, provides the names proposed by the Turkish Ministry of Interior do not pose any danger or threat to The country's national security.
- Foreigners who have a role in granting Turkey exceptional services in the practical, industrial, sports, technological, cultural, or artistic fields.
- Syrian refugees coming to Turkey can obtain citizenship and are accepted by the Turkish state as refugees.
- With regard to the criteria according to which Syrians are granted Turkish nationality, it depends on investment capabilities and scientific certificates.
- Syrians can obtain Turkish citizenship by having the Syrian investor deposit an amount of $ 500,000 in the bank and apply for Turkish citizenship.
Advantages of Obtaining Citizenship by Real Estate Investment in Turkey:
- It can be with people within 3 months.
- The minimum investment is $ 250,000.
- The ability to travel to more than 115 countries without a visa.
- There are many real estate projects that can be invested in.
Real estate investment and obtaining Turkish citizenship:
- Syrians own real estate in Turkey as in September 2018, the Presidential Institution in Turkey issued an amendment to the law on granting Turkish citizenship, and this amendment included granting Turkish citizenship to everyone who buys a property with a value of more than $ 250,000.
- Real estate investment in Turkey is one of the most effective and influential economic sectors and is directly affected by the decrease and rise in the exchange rate of the Turkish lira. Here are the most important effects of the decline in the Turkish lira exchange rate on the real estate investment sector:
- Relatively low price of the property against the dollar value.
- Speeding up the process of selling the property due to the low value of the property.
- Lower rental rates.
The Aspects That you Should Pay Attention to While Buying Real Estate in Turkey
- A foreigner cannot own more than 30 hectares in Turkey.
- In the event that the property can find it in a place close to military headquarters or near security-sensitive places, permission is a must to take from the military authorities.
- If the real estate is owned by people, the transaction is done through the Land Registry Department directly, but in the case of companies owning the property, the transaction is done through the governor.
- It must be sure that there is no foreclosure or judicial seizure ruling on the title deed of the property.
- The investor can file an objection with the branch of the Land Registry Department to which the property belongs, in case the property denies ownership.
- A foreigner is not required to obtain a residence permit in order to own real estate in Turkey.
Level immigration provides many services in the field of selling real estate in Turkey in all regions of Istanbul by providing the best offers and assistance in all procedures to our esteemed clients, in addition to providing services for obtaining Turkish citizenship through investment. There are also special offers in case Syrians own real estate in Turkey.