Residence permits in Turkey are many and varied, and each has characteristics and features that differ from the others. In this article, we have chosen to highlight many conditions that must be met to obtain one of them.
Table of Contents
- The most important types of residency in Turkey
- The difference between short-term and long-term residence in Turkey
- When is the granting of a residence document in Turkey refused?
The most important types of residency in Turkey
Through the following paragraphs, you will learn about the most important types of residency in Turkey and many details related to it.
First: real estate residence
There are many advantages to obtaining a real estate residence document in Turkey. One of the most important advantages is that it allows you to obtain Turkish citizenship if the property matches the conditions for applying for it. Another advantage is that it gives you the right to live and work in Turkey, as well as it can be renewed annually as long as you own it.
Among the most important conditions that you must fulfill when applying for residency is the purchase of a property in one of the Turkish states, and it must be dedicated to housing, and its price must not be less than 75 thousand US dollars.
It should be noted that the real estate and tourist residencies intersect in many points, but the real estate is considered stronger in terms of ease of application and the possibility of renewal.
Second: tourist accommodation
Some of the benefits of having a tourist residence document include:
1. You will be able to stay in Turkey for up to 180 days a year.
2. You will be able to work in Turkey while you are there on your tourist visa.
3. You will get free healthcare while you are in Turkey.
4. You will be able to apply for a Turkish driving license.
5. You will be able to open a bank account in Turkey.
6. You will be able to buy real estate in Turkey.
7. You will not have to worry about overstaying your visa or being deported from the country.
Third: student residence
If you are a student and want to study in Turkey, the first thing you need to do is obtain a student residence document as this document will allow you to stay in Turkey for the duration of your studies.
One of its advantages is that it allows you to stay in Turkey legally, secondly, it gives you access to some discounts and benefits that are only available to students, and finally, it allows you to apply for a work permit after graduation, which gives you the opportunity to stay in Turkey and work legally.
Fourth: Humanitarian residence
The main advantages of having a humanitarian residence document are:
- You can stay in Turkey for an indefinite period of time.
- You can work in Turkey.
- You can travel inside and outside Turkey without any restrictions.
- You can apply for Turkish citizenship after 5 years.
- Who can apply for a humanitarian residence document?
- Foreigners who have been granted asylum in Turkey.
- Foreigners who have been granted temporary protection in Turkey.
Fifth: family residence
The family residence document gives you the right to live in Turkey indefinitely and also allows you to work in Turkey and start your own business. In addition, it gives you access to free healthcare and education, and if you have children, they will be able to go to school in Turkey as well.
Sixth: Establishing scientific research
- You will be able to live and work in Turkey for the duration of your research project.
- You will be given all the necessary facilities and resources that you need to complete your research.
- You will be able to interact with other international students and scholars who are also conducting scientific research in Turkey.
Seventh: permanent residence
Those who reside in Turkey for eight consecutive years can apply for this residency without receiving any assistance from any social organizations in the last three years, and it allows its holder to enjoy the various benefits that Turks usually benefit from.
Eighth: medical accommodation
Many people seek to obtain medical residency, which allows its holder to receive various types of treatment in Turkey, and the demand for it has increased, especially after the medical renaissance that Turkey witnessed recently.
The difference between short-term and long-term residence in Turkey
Short-term residency in Turkey is usually for those who stay in the country for less than six months. This may be for work, study or tourism purposes. There are a few things to keep in mind if you plan to stay in Turkey for a short period of time. First, you will need to apply for a visa before entering the country and you will need travel insurance that will cover you for the duration of your stay Finally, be aware that your rights as a short-term resident are slightly different than those of a long-term resident, for example, you will not be able to access public health care or vote in the Turkish elections.
When is the granting of a residence document in Turkey refused?
There are many reasons for refusal of a residence document in Turkey and the most common reason is that the applicant does not have a valid passport or travel document. Other reasons include the following:
- The applicant does not meet the eligibility criteria for obtaining residence in Turkey.
- The applicant must have a criminal record.
- The applicant is considered a security risk to Turkey.
- The applicant has engaged in activities contrary to the national interests of Turkey.
- That the applicant has falsified the information in his application.
Through our website, we monitor many details that you need to get acquainted with the reality of the real estate market in Turkey and the most important laws related to it, and among the services that we provide to our customers is assistance in issuing official papers and residency documents for you and your family members without making a lot of effort and so that your steps are not stumbling .