Malta Residency Program
The new Malta Permanent Residence Program was launched on 27th March 2021. It offers non-EU foreign investors the ability to obtain a valid European residence permit quickly and legally. Applicants and their families can live permanently in the country and can travel freely to all Schengen countries if the conditions are met. The program requires investors to make a certain contribution to the government of Malta and a qualifying investment within the country along with the minimum donation to the approved NGO in Malta. Investors can apply for naturalization as Maltese citizens after continuously residing in Malta for a minimum period of 5 years. To be eligible to apply for the program, investors must meet the main condition of proving that they are in possession of assets amounting to €500,000 (out of which €150,000 should be in the form of financial assets).
Which Family Members Can Be Added in the Same Malta Residency Application?
Malta is a small peninsula with a history of friendly locals, medieval castles, fossilized rocks, magnificent beaches, warm seas, and fascinating history.
Malta Residency Benefits
Malta Residency Cost
- Real Estate Investment €350,000 (€300,000 if located in Gozo or the South of Malta)
- Leasing Option Annual rent of €12,000 (€10,000 if located in Gozo or the South of Malta)
- Administrative Fee €40,000
- Contribution to the Government of Malta €28,000 if purchasing a property €58,000 if leasing or renting a property
- Donation €2,000 donation to a local philanthropic, cultural, scientific, artistic, sport or animal welfare NGO registered with the Commissioner of Voluntary Organizations
- Dependent Fees €7,500 for each additional dependent (except for the spouse)
Maltese citizenship and passport
According to the World Risk Report, Malta is the second safest country in the world, and it offers its citizens first-class health services, a higher education system, and a better climate. Fitch ranks it among the world's fastest-growing economies. It is politically and economically stable and provides investors with excellent business opportunities. Applicants can apply for Maltese citizenship after five years as long-term residency and to be natural on the condition that they do not leave the country for a total of more than six months. It is also possible to become a citizen through investment. The Malta passport bearer in return enjoys the right of legal citizenship in the country including free visa travel access.